Fortinet FortiGate 3240C / FG-3240C NGFW Firewall
The FortiGate-3240C is a Next-Generation Firewall with fully integrated application control and intrusion prevention, enabling granular control of more than 1,900 discrete applications and real-time protection against the latest Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs).
Designed for exceptional scalability to protect large enterprise and service provider networks, the FortiGate-3240C features twelve (12) hardware-accelerated 10-Gigabit Ethernet (10-GbE) ports and sixteen (16) hardware-accelerated Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports – the highest port density in its class.
FortiGate-3240C consolidated security appliances offer exceptional levels of performance, deployment flexibility, and security for large enterprise networks. Built from the ground up by Fortinet, these appliances deliver superior performance through a combination of custom hardware, including FortiASIC processors, high port density, and consolidated security features from the FortiOS operating system. Whether protecting virtualized infrastructure, cloud-providing infrastructure, or traditional IT infrastructure, 10-Gigabit Ethernet (10-GbE) ports and up to 40 Gbps of firewall throughput make these appliances ideal for securing highbandwidth networks.
FortiGate-3240C Features & Benefits:
- Next-Generation Firewall with 40 Gbps of firewall performance
- High scalability with twelve (12) 10-GbE ports and (16) ports to protect large enterprise and service provider networks
- Highest 10-GbE port density in its class in a compact 2-RU format
- Integrated application control, intrusion prevention, user-based policies, and endpoint policy enforcement protect complex next generation networks
- IPv6-ready platform with strong authentication options for secure network access and security policy compliance
- Integration with FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer simplify management, reporting and analysis for several up to thousands of Fortinet devices
FortiGate-3240C appliances include our latest FortiASIC Network Processors (NP) and Content Processors (CP). These purpose-built, high-performance processors use proprietary digital engines to accelerate resource-intensive security services.
The FortiASIC NP4 works inline with firewall and VPN functions delivering:
- Wire-speed firewall performance for any size packets
- VPN acceleration
- Anomaly-based intrusion prevention, checksum offload and packet defragmentation
- Traffic shaping and priority queuing
The FortiASIC CP8 works outside of the direct flow of traffic, providing highspeed cryptography and content inspection services including:
- Encryption and decryption offloading
- Signature-based content inspection acceleration