The FortiGate-80C appliances deliver complete security for branch offices, small offices, and home offices, as well as service provider CPE and mobile point-of-sale applications Its FortiOS operating system offers a full suite of security services in one hardened platform: antivirus/antispyware/antimalware, intrusion prevention (IPS), web filtering, stateful firewall and traffic shaping, and IPSec/SSL VPN.
The FortiGate-80C/80CM Series platforms offer dual WAN Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000) links, for load balancing or redundant ISP connections delivering high availability and scalability to small or home office application. Six Fast Ethernet (10/100) internal security zone or switch ports and one dedicated DMZ port eliminate need for additional networking devices, reducing investment and management burden. An ExpressCard slot allows for optional 3G wireless WAN connectivity such as EVDO, W-CDMA, HSPA and GPRS, which provides mobile network connectivity for remote deployments or backup data connectivity in the event of a network failure. The FortiGate/FortiWiFi-80CM platforms gives you the additional convenience and reliability of an analog modem.
The internal storage standard on the FortiGate/FortiWiFi-80 Series enables local caching of data for policy compliance or WAN optimization. WAN optimization lowers your networking costs and improves your application and network performance by reducing the amount of data transmitted over your WAN.
Taking advantage of the new FortiOS operating system, the FG-80C/CM boasts data SSL-encrypted traffic inspection, leakage prevention, identity-based policies, IPS enhancements, and application control to offer protection against Web 2.0 threats and evasive applications and users. Deployment flexibility is enhanced with the ExpressCard slot supporting 3G WAN connectivity options. Rapid, turn-key deployment and easy management deliver low total cost of ownership and easily facilitate compliance with important legislative requirements such as PCI and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Integrated, all-in-one security delivers enterprise-class multi-threat protection for small-businesses, remote offices, and home offices.
- Integrated built-in analog modem for backup connectivity on FG-80CM.
- ExpressCard slot supports broadband wireless such as EV-DO, W-CDMA, HSPA, and GPRS, which provides mobile network connectivity for remote deployments, or as a backup solution.
- Dual WAN links for redundant ISP connections deliver higher availability with load balancing and failover, and bring scalability and reliability to telecommuters and small or home office applications.
- DMZ link allows isolation of critical outward facing functions such as email for increased security.
- Six internal security zone or switch ports eliminate need for additional networking device, reducing equipment investment and management burden.
- High-availability support brings scalability and reliability to branch offices, small or home offices, service provider CPE, and mobile point-of-sale applications.
- Available FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer appliances simplify security management and reduce operating expenses in multiple deployments.