Data centers, cloud providers, carriers and service providers need a high-speed, high-capacity firewall to stay ahead of ever-increasing network performance requirements and continued evolution of the threat landscape.
Eliminate Security Bottlenecks
The FortiGate-3700D high performance, high capacity data center firewall provides exceptional performance of 160 Gbps and ultra-low latency, ensuring your data center security solution doesn’t become your data center bottleneck. It delivers this breakthrough performance and protection in a compact 3U form factor with four 40- GbE and 28 10-GbE interfaces that preserves scarce rack space while maximizing capacity. Powered by the new FortiASIC NP6 processor, the FortiGate-3700D is the first data center appliance to deliver performance parity for IPv4 and IPv6 traffic and dramatically increases VPN performance, enabling you to keep pace with your evolving network.
The FortiGate-3700D gives you the flexibility to choose the firewall personality that best fits your requirements at the Edge or Core. You can take advantage of the high port density for physical segmentation of your network, as well as the virtual domains (VDOMs) for virtual segmentation. The FortiOS 5 security operating system also allows you to deploy additional layers of integrated protection, such as IPS or NGFW to match your risk and performance profiles.
Performance and Reliability for High Bandwidth Networks
- Breakthrough IPv4 to IPv6 firewall performance parity
- Flexible firewall personalities enable deployment at the Edge or Core
- Compact 3U footprint conserves rack space and minimizes energy consumption
- Freedom to add integrated security technologies (such as IPS, App Control, VPN)
- Cloud-ready multi-tenant support and APIs for rapid orchestration
- FortiOS 5 delivers the most complete, battle-tested set of security functions to protect your network and data
Fortinet’s new, breakthrough FortiASIC NP6 network processor works inline with FortiOS functions delivering:
- Superior firewall performance for IPv4/IPv6, SCTP and multicast traffic with ultralow latency down to 2 microseconds
- VPN, CAPWAP and IP tunnel acceleration
- Anomaly-based intrusion prevention, checksum offload and packet defragmentation
- Traffic shaping and priority queuing
The FortiASIC CP8 content processor works outside of the direct flow of traffic, providing high-speed cryptography and content inspection services including:
- Signature-based content inspection acceleration
- Encryption and decryption offloading