The FortiGate-3240C is a Next-Generation Firewall with fully integrated application control and intrusion prevention, enabling granular control of more than 1,900 discrete applications and real-time protection against the latest Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs).
Designed for exceptional scalability to protect large enterprise and service provider networks, the FortiGate-3240C features twelve (12) hardware-accelerated 10-Gigabit Ethernet (10-GbE) ports and sixteen (16) hardware-accelerated Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports – the highest port density in its class.
FortiGate-3240C consolidated security appliances offer exceptional levels of performance, deployment flexibility, and security for large enterprise networks. Built from the ground up by Fortinet, these appliances deliver superior performance through a combination of custom hardware, including FortiASIC processors, high port density, and consolidated security features from the FortiOS operating system. Whether protecting virtualized infrastructure, cloud-providing infrastructure, or traditional IT infrastructure, 10-Gigabit Ethernet (10-GbE) ports and up to 40 Gbps of firewall throughput make these appliances ideal for securing highbandwidth networks.
FortiGate-3240C Features & Benefits:
- Next-Generation Firewall with 40 Gbps of firewall performance
- High scalability with twelve (12) 10-GbE ports and (16) ports to protect large enterprise and service provider networks
- Highest 10-GbE port density in its class in a compact 2-RU format
- Integrated application control, intrusion prevention, user-based policies, and endpoint policy enforcement protect complex next generation networks
- IPv6-ready platform with strong authentication options for secure network access and security policy compliance
- Integration with FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer simplify management, reporting and analysis for several up to thousands of Fortinet devices
The FortiGate-3240C appliance provides up to 40 Gbps of firewall performance through the use of innovative FortiASIC processors and the latest generation of general purpose CPUs. Impressive consolidated security performance and support for a variety of configurations ensure that essential security functions keep up with the rest of your network.
High 10-GbE Port Density
You can protect your data center and other high-bandwidth applications with the 10-GbE interfaces that ship standard on the FortiGate-3240C appliances. Each platform includes system ports supporting SFP+, SFP, and RJ-45 connections, providing maximum flexibility.