The FortiGate 200 series of Next Generation Firewalls (NGFWs) deliver 2 Gbps of Next Generation Threat Protection and 4 Gbps of firewall throughput. This is 5 times the next gen performance compared to other leading NGFWs and allows organization to increase protection yet still consolidate devices. The FortiGate 200 series also includes up to 54 Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) and multiple 1GbE (SFP) ports, as well as power over Ethernet (POE) as an option. This combination of performance, port density and connectivity simplify your network and reduce administration, making it an ideal hardware platform for mid-sized businesses and enterprise branch locations.
Powered by FortiOS, these appliances provide visibility into and control over more than 3000 applications, top rated Intrusion Prevention and Antimalware and actionable Reporting. Organizations can optionally add Web Filtering, Advanced Threat Protection or Strong Authentication to extend their FortiGate next generation firewall to consolidate a Secure Web Gateway (SWG) or address the challenges posed by Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) and Bring-Your-Own Device (BYOD) programs.
Performance and Protection for Mid-size Networks
- High port density delivers maximum flexibility and scalability
- Application control coupled with identity-based policy enforcement provides complete content protection
- Strong authentication options for policy compliance
- IPv6 certified platform
The FortiASIC NP4Lite network processor works inline with firewall and VPN functions delivering:
- Wire-speed firewall performance for any size packets
- VPN acceleration
- Anomaly-based intrusion prevention, checksum offload and packet defragmentation
- Traffic shaping and priority queuing