1 VHM license for HiveManager Appliances
The Aerohive WLAN system combines an Enterprise-class access point with a suite of cooperative control protocols and functions to provide all of the benefits of a controller-based WLAN solution, but without requiring a controller or an overlay network. A hive of HiveAPs is able to operate independently; however, to provide for global policy management and centralized configuration and monitoring of many HiveAPs, HiveManager provides a centralized management instance for the entire wireless network. HiveManager lowers operating costs by speeding deployment, configuration, and monitoring of the wireless network. The HiveAPs are fully functional even when disconnected from the HiveManager.
Network Management System
Aerohive Networks HiveManager NMS is a management system for Aerohive networking products. HiveManager enables simple policy creation, firmware upgrades, configuration updates, and centralized monitoring from a single console. Aerohive combines enterprise-class access points, branch routers, and switches with a suite of Cooperative Control protocols and functions to provide unified wired and wireless access that ensures consistent policy, permissions, and security based on identity and device type regardless of user location. HiveManager provides a centralized management console for the entire network which enables global policy, configuration, and monitoring with full application visibility of thousands of APs, routers, and switches. HiveManager lowers operating costs by speeding deployment, configuration and monitoring of the entire network.
Features and Benefits
Bringing up a network of Aerohive devices is as easy as plugging them in and browsing to the HiveManager web interface. Aerohive devices connect to the HiveManager using the secure CAPWAP-DTLS protocol which traverses NAT and firewalls. It is possible to bring up an entire enterprise-class network in just a few minutes.
HiveManager offers other key benefits, including:
• Customizable dashboard with application visibility and control based on user identity
• Unified policy, configuration, and reporting with contextual awareness for wireless, routing, switching, VPN, IP address management, and security policies
• Streamlined Express mode designed for Wi-Fi networking deployments
• Advanced Enterprise mode which supports larger organizations with sophisticated policy requirements • Integrated Planner, Packet Capture, and Client Tracker tools to enable easy scoping, deployment, and remote troubleshooting
• Spectrum analysis to detect and identify non-Wi-Fi sources of interference in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands
• Client device and operating system reporting with top clients by usage, peak trends per SSID, and client distribution by Aerohive device
• Powerful device templates and device classification tags allow the application of custom configurations across device groups based on hierarchy, location, or function
HiveManager is accessible via a web browser on Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X, providing a robust web application interface with which to access the management interface. With advanced features like zero-configuration deployment, integrated IP address management and virtual HiveManagers, HiveManager provides market-leading unified management, monitoring, and remote visibility for all your Aerohive devices.
Simple Central Management
•Unified access, policy, configuration, and management for thousands of Aerohive devices
•Web-based administration with HTML5-enhanced graphical user interface
•User group policies can be applied networkwide or to individual Aerohive devices and enforced consistently across both wireless and wired networks
•Powerful policy template feature enables updates to groups of APs, branch routers, and switches with a few clicks
•Simple centralized firmware upgrades with distributed download functionality to decrease WAN utilization & download time
•Staged configuration and auto-provisioned image updates ensure devices are updat
RF Planning and Visualization
•Network maps with integrated aerial views and automatic floor planning enable easy visualization of topology and status
•Real-time heat-maps show RF propagation within a network
•State-of-the-art Planning Tool with aerial maps, multi-floor auto-placement, coverage maps, and options to clone buildings and floors
•Built-in client and rogue location detection and placement on a floorplan
•Spectrum analysis to detect and identify sources of Wi-Fi interference
•Geo-coded topology hierarchy with automatic area maps